Monday, September 13, 2010

30 days of Me - Day Two

The Meaning behind my blog name:

Originally I thought this blog would be anonymous. And whenever I don't want to use my real name I have always used the name "Sally". I've been a bit of a scaredy cat in my life. Unsure of who I really am I didn't want anyone else telling me who I am. I didn't want others giving me their uninvited opinions as I was not confident I would be able to defend myself if I had to.

But then recently I thought fuck it. I'm now ready to fight for me. I've lived a little, I think things through, I'm a woman not a child. So I've changed the name of my blog in attempt to be more transparent and accountable. And yesterday I even put a (my) face to the page.

@kittengloves is my Twitter name. People often ask me about where that came from too. Again it is a type of veil. I chose it because my real last name begins with K and I wanted to keep that. "Kittengloves" refers to handling with care. A few people have mentioned that the name sounds a little bit kinky. While not my original intention, I've decided I don't mind that fact. : )

No comments: