Sunday, September 12, 2010

30 Days Of Me - Day One


Since I haven't actually blogged like a said I would (surprise, surprise) I thought i'd jump on this bandwagon too. Good practice. We'll see how far I get...

A recent photo of me. (Today infact)


15 Facts about me:

1. I love bird songs and most birds. Hearing the Tui's birdsong makes me feel connected to the land, like I belong.

2. I fear ignorance more than offense. Ignorance is not bliss for those close to the ignorant.

3. I have a younger sister and brother. I love both immeasurably. We have been through a lot together.

4. I love finding new and good music and think it's just as important for the soul as 5+ a day is for the body.

5. I wish I never quit art at school after 4th form. I also wish I did dance and drama.

6. I can be painfully shy and awkward at times. I drink to combat this. This doesn't always benefit me and it often results with attacks of paranoia when I'm alone later.

7. I have very strong nails. They don't break and I have to cut them. I've never had a manicure. But I do love pedicures.

8. I am a mother of 2 boys. 6 and 8 years old. They are so much fun. My 8 year old recently dyed his hair bright pink. Yes I'm one of "those" mothers.

9. I married my husband over 10 years ago. We were just kids. It's been hell* but I have never regretted it. Ever. He is an extraordinary man. I love him so.

10. I feel like I am a red head trapped in a blonde's body. I have hated men for misunderstanding this about me.

11. I am an anthropology student.

12. I love what Atticus Finch said in To Kill a Mockingbird, "You can never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." This influenced me in my youth and I am forever reminded of it now that I study anthropology.

13. My mother grew up in India. In 2007 I traveled back there with her. I cannot put into words how important that experience was for me.

14. I have a butterfly tattoo on my wrist. No regrets no matter how cliche.

15. I have relapsing/remitting MS. Amongst other annoying auto-immune diseases. But really, it's not that bad. Truly.

* Clarification: It's been "hell" not because of who I married but when I married. (so young at the time - and hurt from our own childhoods) We have an amazing relationship but we didn't get it through "good luck".

No comments: