Sunday, September 26, 2010

30 Days of Me - Day 17

Someone you would want to switch lives with for a day and why:

A day is not really long enough to get any real beneficial learning. I would want to switch lives with someone from an anthropological point of view and a day would be a near useless experience. You'd need a month at least but ideally a year surely?

The anthropologist in me would want to swap lives with someone from a completely different country, culture and/or even gender. A "Lady-Boy" from Thailand perhaps? Or a young mother from a nomadic tribe in Africa? The old woman with leprosy with the missing nose who tapped on my taxi window while we waited at traffic lights in Mumbai. A white, male, American. I would want to know everything about them. After all, we are all different yet the same somehow.

However, I'm guessing this question wasn't specifically aimed at an anthropologist.

Swapping hats...

The suburban housewife in me would like to swap lives for a day with...

Dita Von Teese!

A gorgeous, intelligent, sexy, woman using her agency and who looks like she's having a hell of a lot of fun.

No comments: