Thursday, February 26, 2009

My mind wanders to my tea cup...

Tea always tastes better when it's from a tea cup. Isn't that what they say? I have just enjoyed my first 2 cups from my new, antique, china cup. Looking at it now has got me wondering. What stories would this tea cup tell if it could? Who had this tea cup before it was sold to the shop? Were they the original owners? How much gossip, heartache and laughter was spilled over this delicate duo? I wonder when it made it's journey from across the other side of the Earth. "Marcissus Bell Fine Bone China England," it has written on the underside....How many total cups of tea has it hosted? All unanswerable questions....The imagination soars.

1 comment:

Annie Blackberry said...

Honestly, I ma yet again astounded how similar we are! Oh my gosh, this has never happened to me before. The whole tea tastes better in a teacup, and the fact that your hubby buys you a surprise like a teacup and saucer - love it! Went to Paeroa on way how from Stars in their Eyes, and I GOT SOME FANTASTIC eNGLISH PENNIES, french jet beads, vintage mother of pearl 'horn' charms (to be sen in upcoming jewellery :) ), a set of lead ducks (small vintage farmyard animals), some wonderful old forks and soup spoons, a small old sterling silver perfume bottle on a pendant - you unscrew the top and deb the 'perfume' on your wrists, a neat old turkish (?) purse thatlooks soft but is like a suit of armour, is silver and has a beautiful old lining in it - will have to put a pic up on the blog. What an awesome time we had. Also got this really old Christmas greeting postcard with vivid pink roses on the front and had the cutest old message on the back! You know, 'Dear Enid....' etc etc :) Anyway, you're awesome - see you soon xx